Free Gift Transfers in Comics (Page 5 of 13)
TV Comic Nos.1452 & 1453, 12th & 19th October 1979 — Hanna-Barbera Transfers
There were no transfers in No.1451, of course; it's just shown here because it advertises the next two issues, which do have them.
The transfer sheet serial numbers were LP104/1 & LP104/2.
LP104/1 exclusively features Scooby-Doo, while LP104/2 includes a variety of characters centred around "Boss Cat" — as the front cover describes him — or "Top Cat Boss Cat", as Mevin refers to him inside (see below). The well-known reason "Top Cat" was known as "Boss Cat" in the UK is because the BBC have a constitutional ban on advertising, & they refused to call him by his name on the grounds that it was also the name of a popular brand of cat food.
Mevin, who drew the inside pages shown here, was a popular artist with TV Comic readers, & had provided the comic with artwork for many years.
Other pages in this article about Free Gift Transfers in Comics:
- ← Cor!! No.2, 13th June 1970 — Anglo Bell Boy Double Treat — Somportex Combat Bubble Gum
- ← Look-In No.8 (of volume 7) week ending 19th February 1977 — Action Transfers (SAT Carnival)
- ← Wall's / Look In No.11 (of volume 8), week ending 11th March 1978 — "Star Wars" Transfers Offer
- ← Look-In No.40 (of volume 8) week ending 30th September 1978 — Free Kalkitos Fun Transfer Kit
- TV Comic Nos.1452 & 1453, 12th & 19th October 1979 — Hanna-Barbera Transfers — this page; see above ↑
- Whizzer and Chips, Monday 13th October 1979 — Free Gift Kalkitos →
- Marvel UK: Doctor Who Weekly Nos.1-4, October 17th - November 7th 1979 — Transfers by Dave Gibbons →
- Marvel UK: The Empire Strikes Back Weekly No.118, May 29th 1980 / Dairylea — Star Wars Transfers →
- Marvel UK: Transformers Nos.1-3, 20th September - 31st October 1984 — Free Action Transfers →
- Marvel UK: Spider-Man No.607, 27th October 1984 — Free Rub Down Spider-Man Transfers →
- Marvel UK: Secret Wars No.1, 27th April 1985 — Free Secret Wars Rub Down Transfers →
- Marvel UK: Return of the Jedi Nos.97-99, 27th April - 11th May 1985 — Free Ewok Transfers →
- Marvel UK: The Spider-Man Comic Nos.634-635, 4th-11th May 1985 — Free Action Rub-Down Transfers →
Picture Credit: The SPLAT Scan Archives (with thanks to our anonymous benefactor)