Free Gift Transfers in Comics
Page 3 of 20
Look-In No.8 (of volume 7) week ending 19th February 1977 — Action Transfers (SAT Carnival)
These transfers are panels from the Super Action Transfers (Red) Carnival set. Perhaps Carnival didn't sell as well as the other Red SATs… or perhaps they were just the most suitable transfers readily to hand.
The accompanying descriptive text is a bit odd, including some historical inaccuracies (1972 is too late for several of these ranges).
"New subjects are always being introduced, of course, and without giving away any secrets, we can confidently predict some new ones in a few weeks time. Watch out for news of them in Look-in!"
Are you still watching out? It may be quite a wait…
Hey, I bet you weren't expecting that! If you were quick (you only had a couple of weeks) you could win a Batman Super Action Heroes set. Or a LetraCraft Copper Etching set, which uses "a unique transfer-etch process to produce gleaming wall decorations".
Other pages in this article about Free Gift Transfers in Comics:
- ← Cor!! No.2, 13th June 1970 — Anglo Bell Boy Double Treat — Somportex Combat Bubble Gum
- ← Michelino: 1, 2 & 3, 1971-1972 (PR130)
- Look-In No.8 (of volume 7) week ending 19th February 1977 — Action Transfers (SAT Carnival) — this page; see above ↑
- Wall's / Look In No.11 (of volume 8), week ending 11th March 1978 — "Star Wars" Transfers Offer →
- TV Comic: 1377 5th May 1978 & 1378 12th May 1978 — Skateboard Iron-On Action Transfers →
- Look-In No.40 (of volume 8) week ending 30th September 1978 — Free Kalkitos Fun Transfer Kit →
- TV Comic Nos.1452 & 1453, 12th & 19th October 1979 — Hanna-Barbera Transfers →
- Whizzer and Chips, Monday 13th October 1979 — Free Gift Kalkitos →
- Marvel UK: Doctor Who Weekly Nos.1-4, October 17th - November 7th 1979 — Transfers by Dave Gibbons →
- Marvel UK: The Empire Strikes Back Weekly No.118, May 29th 1980 / Dairylea — Star Wars Transfers →
- TV Comic: 1530 17th April to 1533 15th May 1981 (4 issues) — Popeye Transfers (LP147) →
- Eagle: 17th December, 23rd December 1983 — Ultraman Poster & Transfer (LP221) →
- Marvel UK: Transformers Nos.1-3, 20th September - 31st October 1984 — Free Action Transfers →
- Marvel UK: Spider-Man No.607, 27th October 1984 — Free Rub Down Spider-Man Transfers →
- Splat Comic No.1, 27th February 1985 — Terrifically Terrible Transfers (Tattooze) →
- Marvel UK: Secret Wars No.1, 27th April 1985 — Free Secret Wars Rub Down Transfers →
- Marvel UK: Return of the Jedi Nos.97-99, 27th April - 11th May 1985 — Free Ewok Transfers →
- Marvel UK: The Spider-Man Comic Nos.634-635, 4th-11th May 1985 — Free Action Rub-Down Transfers →
- Katy No.1, 31st October 1986 — Colour Transfers Free Inside →
- Disney Magazine (UK) & Micky Maus (Germany) — 1984-1991 →
Picture Credit: The SPLAT Scan Archives